View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 07:26 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
They did have that really touching scene before she went into the bunker (I mean, right before they lost contact) and he was QUITE upset there. We never got to see him fully mourn Clarke (we saw snippets that were after-effects) and we had a ton of season five to see him "losing" Octavia. I don't think there's a reason why he would be sitting around crying for her right now. Do I think he's likely worried about her? Yeah I do. But he also wrote her off a long time ago and is seemingly attempting to move on. I don't know.

I think think his crying is out of character (he's the king of single tears), I think he's finally breaking down in a way that he should have a long time ago.
No, I'm not talking about the bunker. I mean like in S4 when Octavia got into that fight with Echo and got impaled and fell off a cliff and was definitely dead (lol.) He was like angry weeping. Remember? "Nooooooooooo! Noooooo!" And then he got up and kept fighting, even though the world was literally ending and his most important person was dead. This situation on Sanctum is way less dire and what we saw from Bellamy in the end was just like a blubbery capitulation. Maybe this is compounded since he just disowned a Octavia a few days ago and has been feeling awful about it? But I'm just not buying this soft, passive giving in to the Primes and then going off to blow his nose. That's not Bellamy. Definitely not a return to form for the character. He wouldn't have believed Murphy's lame argument that Monty would have made a deal with the Primes. Monty was the most moral person on the show and Bellamy knows that. For me, this is the writers sacrificing good characterization to make the plot go where they want.