View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
BrooklynFan
Dedicated Fan

Fun episode! I'm still surprised by how quickly they are burning through the Clarkephine plotline--there was barely time to appreciate Jo's alliance with Murphy before all was revealed--but I'm still enjoying it. I loved that Josephine of all people was the one to appreciate Clarke ("she's fairly awesome by the way") and remind Murphy that she had sacrificed herself for him and the rest of SpaceKru.

Bellamy was appropriately devastated by Clarke's "death" at first, but I thought he came around to passive acquiescence much too quickly. "Kill them all" wasn't the right response, but neither is "oh well, bygones." Jo's plan to let him kill her father if that was the revenge he needed was stone cold. Are Russell and Simone truly unaware that their 200+ year-old daughter is a sociopath?

Everything about Octavia, Diyoza and Xavier is awesome. The whole time anomaly/magic healing sap plotline feels much more fantasy than sci fi, but I don't care. It's not like this show is a stickler for scientific accuracy anyway!

Echo finally got a little bit of something to do, and also discovered another super-weird aspect of Sanctum culture in the whole offering-themselves-to-the-trees thing. This culture has an f-ed up thing about self-sacrifice, instilled of course by the creepy Primes religion.

Exciting to see a hint of real Clarke there at the end!!! I can't wait to see how she fights back against Josephine, and who is going to help her. One of the whispers at the end was "you don't have to do this alone," right? Are the past Commanders somehow going to help? But how would they be interacting with her mind--I thought she was fully severed from the Flame when it was removed from her head. Madi's going to be involved as well, that's clear. Will we see Becca? Lexa? (I can't imagine they could get Alycia Debnam-Cary for a cameo but that would be amazing if they did!!! Also an impressive secret to keep hidden if they actually filmed something with her!). Anyway I'm intrigued and looking forward to seeing what happens next!