View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 11:03 PM
Butterfly85
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I'll try to see it this weekend to see it for myself and cause it's the end of an era but in general I just wasn't excited for the film anymore. Every time they pushed it back, my excitement and interest died more and more. They should of just released it in November like they were supposed to. It's also obvious their lying about things, like changing the ending cause it was supposedly too similar to Captain Marvel. This was supposed to come out months before CM, so that's bs. Fox has always been shady anyway, this is giving me vibes of how they shat on JT's 2015 Fantastic 4 movie. IE going behind his back to reshoot and redo his entire movie, then releasing that waste of a turd of a film just to keep the rights SMH. If they didn't tarnish his film I think the film could of been better but I guess these things are a blessing in disguise (just like TASM 2 bombing and getting negative reviews being what gets Spiderman in the MCU) cause now they can finally be in the MCU where they belong. It would of made more money too, cause the summer movie season is just too jam packed. People are going to see other things, that was another way they screwed themselves. They also didn't build up to The Phoenix Saga. We just met this Jean in the last film, along with many other characters like Cyclops. We didn't see them fall in love and be together for a while. We didn't really see the relationships form so if she most likely dies, it's kind of like who cares? lol. Fox showed the last few months they didn't give a damn about this film and literally just DUMPED it. I'm sure they knew it would bomb and they didn't care, but again it could of done better if they weren't such idiots with how they handled things. They have shown this so many times with Dark Phoenix and 2015's Fantastic 4. It was one of the reasons I didn't like Fox having the rights and am now glad the rights are back with Marvel, who knows what they are doing.

I'm not worried about the X Men or the Fantastic 4 being fine in the MCU. Look at how they breathed new life into Spiderman. After TASM 2, people were done with Spiderman in films (myself included. I'm so glad they skipped his origins cause I didn't want to watch Uncle Ben get shot for the 89386478479th time) but they made him their own and made him interesting again. It is also nice to see him be in high school and still a kid for a longer time. So I can easily see the MCU do the same for the X Men and FF. There was a stink on Spiderman after TASM 2 like I said, and they did Spiderman and his film made a bunch of money and got great reviews. The MCU makes great movies and releases great content, they don't let their fans down with each movie. So even if they wait five years or more to put the X Men or FF in the MCU (which I still don't buy that they will wait that long) I guarantee both franchises will make a crap load of money and redeem these characters. I can't wait to see the MCU versions of The X Men and FF.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 06-10-2019 at 11:12 PM
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote