View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)

^ I love how she’s looking at him here. Emily plays it beautifully. You still see some of the side effects of her battle with depression. You can tell Amy’s been through a lot. But with Ephram, she feels free, like she can finally breathe again.
Wonderful interpretation of that scene.

One thing I really liked was in the flashback scene in Goodbye Love, when Ephram was still with Madison and Amy was still Tommy is that Amy acknowledged that her "love" for Collin was just a leftover adolescent infatuation, and she compared it to being in love with Big Bird when she was six. It showed all along that Collin wasn't the one she was meant to be with and that Ephram was her soulmate, which she realized when she snapped back to the present day.

I also like how they showed how Ephram loved her in subtle ways, like helping her fix the broken saucer and stopping her from drinking more wine at the Delia's Bat Mitzvah. Love isn't just about grand gestures; it's about the little things too.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy