View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I can't really remember much from it tbh...

I think he had named his dragon Cordelia, & didn't she appear as a ghost sometime?
He named his dragon Cordelia by accident because he was talking to a hallucination of Cordy while seriously injured and in excruciating pain because W&H had thrown the entire city of L.A into Hell and made Angel human to handicap him.

The real Cordelia appeared to him as a higher being on the astral plane Skip/'Birthday' style while he was dying courtesy of a Vampire!Gunn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangel1987 (View Post)
What happened in the reunion between them?
Tbh as beautiful as 'You're Welcome' was this kinda kicked its ass.

Wesley (who is a ghost-like Spike was, visible but non-corporal) shows Angel a vision he dug out of W&H's archives of him causing an apocalypse and not necessarily as Angelus if memory serves. This causes him to want to embrace death.

Cordelia convinces him that it's bull****, that he made his own fate and that the world still needed him to be the hero.
She also addresses him multiple times using endearments most common between romantic partners such as 'Honey' and 'Sweetie'.

It's simply beautiful and Cordelia is exquisitely Cordelia. Further redeemed from the bi-polar mess she was post-WITW onward.

Her memory is there even before this.

Connor is also ultimately fixed. He is hit with memories of his pre-Holtz infancy with Angel and Cordelia and not only finally embraces Angel as his father but even acknowledges Cordelia as his surrogate mother.
(I have no idea how he was able to remember his infancy and the text doesn't explain. A vampiric thing is my best guess )

Even he calls the Angel/Apocolypse vision crap.

Some sample shots:

they win"
- Stephen King