View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 02:24 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

^ Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree, there are so many addictions in the world and Willow's magic addiction was like a drug addiction. It's the same with Buffy's destructive relationship with Spike. I hated the pairing but it was easier for me to see that people can make very bad, unhealthy choices for themselves when they are depressed or not mentally well. Which was Buffy's mindset in S6. So I appreciate the ROOT of both storylines now than I did then.
It was like a magic addiction and I probably would've dealt with that perfectly if she wasn't playing with Tara's mind as well. It was so difficult to see that after what Glory had done to Tara... to really force Tara into staying with her through magic was a mess. I loved Tara calling her out and telling her if you don't want to fight, you don't fight but you can't use magic to let the problems disappear.

For Willow to use her magic to fix everything especially her relationship with Tara was hard to watch especially since I really loved them... I did still ship them after that fact when they reunited and Willow showed she could stop using magic but the first half of season 6, she was the most irritating character to watch.