View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 10:49 PM
blugirlami21
Part-Time Fan

Tftnt.

I hated this episode. Usually I'm on Rafael's side but I think he was wrong here. They both were. Rafael acted like a child by putting his foot down on the subject instead of co-parenting. It's not just up to him. And Jane was wrong for making the appt behind his back. I'm also less on Rafael's side because he didn't change his stance by talking to Jane about it. He was semi guilted into it by Petra. And him throwing the lawyer bit into Jane's face and taking off was super immature and inappropriate. Jane's reciprocal actions were no better but I felt like she was just trying reach Rafael's level of immaturity. And he never apologized. He owed Jane an apology for his behavior. She apologized and she even was a big enough person to help him while they were in a fight.

The lesson of planning for bad things while things are still good was a timely one but it was poorly executed. I thought Rafael just looked like a jerk which makes me sad because I love Rafael and I feel like it's easy for the writers to write these lazy Rafael is a jerk arcs over and over to teach a lesson and I'm over it.

I enjoyed the rest of the episode and was happy they could come together eventually but it was a bumpy ride for me.