View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 09:40 AM
Zefiro
Master Fan

I'm glad fans started fundraising.

I don't believe she was evil at heart at all. The world is never black and white. I just think they wanted to show somehow that people with best intentions can fail.

But they've done poorly.

They should have told Emilia years ago, they should have shown us more introspection inside Daenerys mind that could hint at such possible outcome through the seasons, and started to actively show other red flags before the final 6 episode season.

Emilia, as showed her performance this season, could perfectly deliver every nuance of this storyline. She did an amazing job even with a rushed storyline can you imagine what she could have done? Also, yes, her death lacked a real plot impact. It was anticlimactic, everybody knew Jon or Arya were going to kill her eventually. We didn't even get to see the aftermath of Jon's killing her.

I was not the biggest fan of show Dany (certainly not a hater, just mostly neutral with sometimes huge affection for her) but if this is going to happen as well in the books I'll feel sad anyway. Book Daenerys struggles a lot (I think it's a natural consequence of the fact we're literally inside of her head) and she is at her core, a girl seeking a home. Although I do not believe for a second that her quest for a home will end up with her being on the IT (the iron throne whatever it stands for could hardly ever be home to anyone) and I believe she will somehow unleash fury on Westeros (intentional or not, in the show she did it on purpose, but I can see unplanned accidents with her dragons to be honest)... There's a huge part of me that wishes her to find a home. A real home. It can be in Westeros, back in Essos...I do not know...But I would love it for her.

I would be very happy for her final chapter to end up with her acknowledging she's home.

Icon