View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 01:18 AM
.bian.carsan.
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
exactly this!

i feel like no one had a plan about Dany becoming evil and it was all written very rushed and badly. you NEED to tell an actress several years before that she is the big bad evil, so she has the CHANCE to act that. i mean Emilia did wonderful, the best she could, but even she said she wished she knew.
Add the burden of having so many women look up to you and then having to find out, in the last minute, that they were cheering for the villain. I mean, so many young girls see Dany as someone who has overcome so much and still managed to be good, then season 8 happens.

Got this from a blog site and I think they say it perfectly:

Quote:
Emilia Clarke spoke to The New Yorker a few days ago for an interview that was released just as the final episode of Game of Thrones concluded last night to talk about how she felt about Daenerys Targaryen’s arc. The piece opens with how she worried about disappointing Beyoncé – it happened at Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s now annual Oscar after-party, now known as the best Oscar after-party:

“I see this vision, this angel, this incredible woman float towards me,” Clarke recalled the other day. “I can’t quite control myself. And Beyoncé says to me, ‘Oh, my goodness, it’s so wonderful to meet you. I think you’re brilliant.’ I just couldn’t handle it! I was on the verge of tears. I could see myself reflected in her eyes. I could see her go, ‘Oh, no. I misjudged this. This girl is crazy and I’m not going to have a real conversation with another celebrity. I’m having a conversation with a crazed fan who’s looking at me like a rabbit in the headlights.’ Which is exactly what I was. I said, ‘I’ve seen you live in concert and I think you’re amazing and wonderful! Wonderful!’ And all I wanted to scream was ‘Please, please still like me even though my character turns into a mass-killing dictator! Please still think that I’m representing women in a really fabulous way.’”

Does Beyoncé think they did Dany dirty? I would think so, yes. Would she hold it against Emilia Clarke? Of course not. Emilia Clarke acted the sh-t out of her scenes this season. She made those scenes better than they deserved to be.

That’s two formidable women who play two of the most intriguing characters on television named to the TIME 100 talking about their work in terms of pleasing Beyoncé in the space of a month. The other one was Sandra Oh.
This is a woman who many people look up to. There may have been signs, but they were way too subtle (if they even tried). Not even one scene to lead up to us questioning her decisions in a major way... to scare us about what she could possibly do in the future. Season 6-7 would have been the perfect time to do this, but sure... Anyway, Emilia was awesome and we can hold on to that.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |