View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 11:04 PM
Mori
Total Fan

Found the interview. There's some weighty stuff in it.

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger Boss Explains How He Tackled the Show's 'Darkest' Storyline Yet
Quote:
At the end of this episode, Ty sees Tandy and collapses. Walk me through what happened with him.
Pokaski:
The metaphor we were trying to go with is when you stretch yourself too thin. Tyrone has been teleporting people all over the place and we've been laying in here and there that he gets tired when he does it. When Tandy goes missing, he runs on full adrenaline. He goes from a rooftop to an ambulance, all over this motel. He jump-punches a guy. He's teleporting left and right because he will stop nothing to find her. And then, when he finds her, it's kind of... I don't know if you were as bad a student as I was in college but when you kind of do all-nighters and take your test or finish your term paper and then sleep for days. It's kind of the higher stakes superhero version of that, where Tyrone has taken loans out from his body and when he sees that she's OK, the adrenaline goes away and he collapses. That leads into the story we tell next week, which is kind of a big, pivotal arc for him.