View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 05:49 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
What was the theme this year? Was it Disney or fairy-tales because Katie looked very Maleficent.
I just Googled it and it said it was Camp: Notes on Fashion but I have no idea what that means.

Here's a link that kind of explains it.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/5/8...t-is-camp-pink

Quote:
No one can completely agree on what the aesthetic sensibility of “camp” means, but at this year’s camp-themed Met Gala, everyone seemed to agree on one thing: Camp is pink.

The pinkening started from the top. Every year, the Met Gala takes its theme from the annual show put on by the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, and in 2019, that show is “Camp: Notes on Fashion” — a nod to Susan Sontag’s famous essay on an aesthetic she described as “love of the unnatural: of artifice and exaggeration.” And the Met made it clear that the way to advertise an exhibit on camp is with pink. The exhibit’s poster features the title superimposed on a pink background, next to a mannequin wearing a pink flamingo mask and a pink shirt printed with more pink flamingos

At the gala itself, the red carpet was pink, surrounded by pink roses. The Twitter hashtag #MetGala came with a little pink flamingo emoji attached. Anna Wintour, Vogue’s editor-in-chief and the host of the event, wore pink feathers.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote