View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Mignonette
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila!

Yeah, I remember that scene. Was that in The Prince, or was it earlier? I remember the fencing scene with the two of them as well. It was reminiscent of a similar scene with Ces and Juan back in season 1. I thought it was ironic that they seemed to be making so many parallels between Alfonso and Juan in season 3.

Oh yeah, I wonder of Alfonso ever suspected that his uncle's death by lamprey might not have been accidental.
Hi Alex & Arinna!

You don't think who was such a fool, Arinna?

The first time Alf challenged Ces with a sword was in The Gunpowder Plot. In The Prince, he challenged Ces twice. First while drunk when Ces put him in a headlock and told him to rest his blade and again at the end when Ces stabbed him.

Interesting observation about the parallels with Alf and Juan, Alex! Do you think the writers did that intentionally?

Yeah, Alf may have suspected something funny about his uncle's death. He didn't like him, so probably didn't care how he died. What a disappointment for Lu when Alf said he had no desire for power when Ferdinand died. She longed for her brother, a virile and powerful MAN, but was living a life of celibacy with a spineless fur ball.

~ CESAR BORGIA 1475-1507 He will always be my prince