View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 04:54 PM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

https://desperatemurph.tumblr.com/po...y-betsypaige22

The way Rumple blinks upon seeing Belle, like he can’t believe she’s real (I can’t help thinking of their reunion in the shop in S1 finale)…The way he sees her at the well (a place which restores things you’ve lost), thinking of their wedding …Rumple thought he’d lost Belle forever, but here she is again, and he can’t believe it.

Pure joy…Of course Rumple had been happy before in his life, but there was always some pain involved. As woobie Rumple, even with Bae’s love, he believed himself to be a coward - and his life was miserable. As the DO, he had no real happiness until Belle, and then he threw it away. Even after she returned and he experienced such happiness as he’d never known, he was still tortured by his inner demons. They married, but he was hiding secrets from her, etc… The closest to pure joy he felt was no doubt in their life together in Beauty, but he was still the DO, and he knew she’d die. Here, though, Rumple is no longer the DO, and after thinking he’d never see her again, that he’d failed her, beautiful Belle is standing before him, and he knows that he will never be separated from her again.

Home - there it is again; Rumbelle are home no matter where they are as long as they are together…