View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 02:07 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I feel the same way about that kind of writing - I think that some people like to believe that there is that one person, who you love most of all & always will & no one else can compare. I think that you can love multiple people throughout your life, & it's never about who you love 'more', because you change so much throughout life, that what you want/need in a relationship changes & every relatioship & love is different that you can't compare them. For me, bangel was done after he left Sunnydale, I'd say that it took them both about year to get over each other, & then it was as if they both held on to the idea of their relationship because they'd both built it up so much in their minds. It's like they had outgrown each other, but sometimes just refused to accept it

I can see the whole thing with the Master playing out that way, there are plenty of decades missing from their story, so I could see a scenario where enough time had passed for Darla to convince Angelus to spend some time with the Master again, the Master taking them in after a little convincing - he was probably impressed with how cruel Angelus could be - then Angelus getting sick the whole thing again

Yup and that's what I dislike with a lot of this show with this false narrative of believing there is only ONE good love and you can't move forward with your life because I think that sort of gives people a fake perspective of how life is really going to be. It's just not true. I always define loves as kid crush, first love, real love, the main love... and the other one you thought you truly loved and by breaking up with them and finidng someone else, you realized your love for the past person wasn't as strong as you thought it was.

Most of these writers with this nonsense of "the one" and that's it is simply ridiculous. And with Angel, I did feel in a way that the writers tried to sabotage any chance of a new love for Angel because they had their Bangel blinders on.

I mean it took Joss until AFTER the series was over to realize... oh Spike might have been better for Buffy because he actually fraught for his soul and he sees it more long lasting than Buffy/Angel....

The only reason that rape attempt in Seeing Red happened was because Joss interfered and pretty much was tired of the way Spike was written and said he wanted everyone to remember that he is a soulless vampire.

My issue with that is that the whole thing was Joss and the writers fault to begin with because they are the ones who wrote Angelus so different without the soul vs with the soul. Spike without the soul was just not as bad as Angel was because he always had that little bit of humanity in him... even when he had the chip in his brain, he wasn't one dimensional.

I just felt that any couple from Spike/Dru, Spike/Buffy and Angel/Darla.. and even to a lesser extent, Angel/Cordy would always get ruined just to serve the Bangel ship... and it didn't make much sense to me.

I pretty much agree with you as well, I felt they both moved on from each other after a good amount of time and that's okay! It's okay to say they loved each other so much yet they also were finally able to move on and love others because it happens in life and it doesn't take from what they shared with one another.

When it comes to the Master/Darla/Angelus stuff, we will just have to speculate. lol