View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 05:52 PM
canthaveyou
Elite Fan

Thanks for the news and gifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I was listening to the soundtrack for the first Superman movie and I remembered that scene towards the end where Lois died from suffocation. Superman couldn’t get to her in time and then he made the knee-jerk decision to fly around the earth and thus rewind time.

It got me thinking about the whole final destination theory. I don’t know if this has ever been discussed before but stay with me.

What if after Superman flew around the Earth, reversing time, the Universe looked at it and went, okay, Superman, yes, we know you are all powerful but you did a big ‘no, no’ in reversing time to save your love. There has to be consequences for messing with time. So every time after this, it becomes a final destination for Lois where her life is repeatedly put in danger because Superman reversed the time in the first film.

Does this make sense?

Or knowing Superman will always be there to save her, Lois cares so little for her own safety and takes her own life for granted? Keep in mind that Lois has zero memory of the fact that she suffocated to death in the first film. She doesn’t know that Superman couldn’t save her.

Which is it?

FYI, I am happy that Superman saved Lois but the soundtrack just got me thinking.
Huh... I never thought about it in these sort of contexts, but now I'm going to think a lot more about them.

I think both are plausible depending on how someone looks at reality (if a "higher power" is involved or not). I think it could very well be a bit of both, though I fully believe in general Lois has little regards for her own safety even more so when Superman is introduced because she's not as worried about anything happening to her.

cliffies • kcch
canthaveyou is offline   Reply With Quote