View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 01:52 PM
SuitUp
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Well, people assumed Katie was leaving because she got a centric and (probably) someone spoiled her coming back to Earth-2. But as soon as I heard about Emily leaving, I knew the show runner would want her to stay. A show can't handle losing two important female characters (a lead and a former lead) at the same time. And even though we had no idea Emily was leaving, I'm pretty sure the show runner has known it if not since the begining of the season, at the very least since 2-3 months ago. There have probably been negotiations concerning contracts even before the show was officially renewed for shortened season. Usually show runners have to know who would be around for a new season before negotiating with the TV network.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they wrote this episode thinking about ending Laurel journey if the show were not renewed for another season. Then, this might have been her final episode, but when they got the news the show was coming back, they had her come back for the last two episodes as well, so that Felicity and Laurel could have their good bye scenes together.
Interesting. I could see that.

Wonder how she'll fit into s8 then. Will it be E2 Laurel? Another earth?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.