View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:20 AM
LadyKatherine
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I don't think that was clearly implied on the show. Wes having dated Rebecca & Meggie prior to Laurel didn't give me the vibe that he's serious with Laurel but I assumed that he was because the writers seem to pair those who do know about the murders together so any outsiders are not gonna last (Coliver, Asher/Michaela, Nate/AK, Bonnie/AK and now Frank/Bonnie). If Dominick didn't kill Wes, I think Wes & Laurel might still be dating.

Laurel dated Kan, Frank and Wes. I did like Laurel & Frank because they look fun until some unnecessary drama broke them up and after a few eps, conveniently, Laurel & Wes are a thing because they sort of do like each other in a vague way. And that to me was quick because I would've preferred them single and friends first rather than jumping into a "relationship" right away.
Wes, and Laurel relationship was never ment to be taken seriously. Laurel whole purpose in dating Wes was to stop him from getting too close to Maggie out of fear that he would tell her their secret. She NEVER liked him in a romantic way. Connor had told her that he either he would need to date Wes, or her to keep the puppy quiet. So once Laurel learned that Wes was meeting Meggie 's parents, and that he planned on going away with her. Laurel decide to become romantically involved with Wes. It wasn't that she love, nor cared about Wes. It was a calculated move to stay out of prison. That's all it was. It was only after Wes died , did she declare her love for him. I believe that her love for Wes was mainly motivated by the guilt she felt over having manipulate him.