View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:00 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

I wish I had gotten into Game of Thrones when it first came on, Anja. I was watching a lot of other stuff by then and I never got around to it. Now I'll have to play catch up on all the seasons if I ever do wanna get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
I get what you're saying about TV being more of an event but I think that doesn't mean the quality was better, there was just less of it so chances were everyone was watching the same thing whereas now, it's almost reached oversaturation which is a shame cause there's no time to watch everything yet some of it is quite good.
Well, the quality was always affected by what TV was allowed to do, Sheida. I think that TV in the 80s and 90 got progressively better as shows began pushing the envelope more and more, and I also think that even though there were fewer channels, there were more people watching the shows than now. Now there's all these channels, and you're right, there's oversaturation as people find themselves with too many choices and no one can watch all of those shows because there's little time. And while I agree that some of it is quite good, I don't think that all of it is that much better than what we had before. I think the only difference now is that there are more channels and more shows, but quality-wise I think things have actually gone downhill. I agree with you about Shadowhunters, for example. I think that both Freeform and The CW have shows that aren't very good and are geared more towards demographics than towards good writing. And shows tend to get cancelled a lot quicker these days, and even the shows that last tend to have their writing suffer due to mismanagement and bad decisions.