View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Tavalah
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper the Penguin (View Post)
Oh I don't want to meet him. I want to stay as far away from him as possible.

I just want to find someone who thinks they have. If they think they've seen or talked to Satan imagine who else they have run across in their travels. It could make for some interesting stories.

I always want to hear about supernatural events even though they are probably not true.
I haven't "met" the Devil, and I have actually spent most of my life in a sect of Christianity that believes ONLY in God, but I have experienced something Divine, called Darshan. It is the gift of seeing God in All. God is omnipresent, so God is in each of us. When we truly understand that, and become aware that God is in that place behind our eyes that we think of as "I am" we are ready to share Darshan, the Divine Glance. It is the most joyful, loving experience imaginable.
However, it can also be experienced as terrifying. I don't quite understand why, but I have seen both aspects. When I saw that dark aspect, I could only label it as demonic. Since I was looking for God, it's possible the dark aspect was what we call the Devil. I've never really thought about that, before.
It was not like Lucifer's face in the show. His face inspires remorse. It was like looking into the eyes of a tiger. A predator.
I still enjoy the show, but I can only trust that dark spirit I saw can be healed, also. God can transform anything.
What I saw, though, looked at me as food. That."Devil" could no more fall in love with a human than we could fall in love with a cow. Maybe that's what Tom Ellis' Lucifer was like before spending time with humanity. Maybe as humanity becomes more compassionate towards creatures we consider inferior and regard as food, the Devil will have a chance to experience love, and we can end this spiritual separation in peace.
Tavalah is offline   Reply With Quote