View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 01:58 PM
January174
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Now I forgot what she said. It's in some post.
I vaguely remember the host asks Shannen about cast hookups or something and she says something like well everyone knew about Luke and Jennie...or something like that? I wish that video was still online somewhere!

Quote:
But then, yes, there's their marriages to think about. So, probably a lot of unrequited feelings on Luke's part and fear/distance on Jennie's, until forced to move on … much like their show characters.
I remember somewhere Jennie admitted that she may have rushed into her marriage with Dan because her father wasn't well and she really wanted to make sure he could walk her down the aisle.
Aw the unrequited feelings on Luke's part.....that's definitely easy for me to imagine

Quote:

(Had to)
That's the look! exactly! The way he look's at her sooo many times in the show and that was a behind the scenes pic wasn't it....although maybe they were "rehearsing"?

Quote:
In love scenes of Kelly and Dylan. it’s clear to me that Luke’s besotted with Jennie.
He practically undresses her with his eyes frame for frame.
You hit the nail on the head with that Arami, I always use the term he's mesmerized with her, but it's definitely something...I can't remember him looking at anyone else with that same look, but I will be checking on any episodes I watch from now on

Quote:
and we had never really seen what it was like when passion ran deep for Kelly and she was weak in the knees (save that one S2 episode with Cousin Bobby, but even that wasn't on par with this).
Funny you should mention Cousin Bobby, I just watched Leading from the heart yesterday, such a sweet episode I had forgotten about. I kept thinking Kelly's dress is the same from their High School graduation? I have to check. Anyway I did notice when they are playing charades and Kelly is describing "The Naked Gun" and showing her shoulder to describe naked, everyone is "woo-ing" etc and Luke/Dylan seems to be very much enjoying it and encouraging

Quote:
Um … wow. We were ALL just nuts about nuts! I came to expect 6 commercials too, and of course the promo at the end. But I messed up on hitting record one too many times for my liking and then only tried to condense things if I was running out of room on the tape - but overall, very up on my pausing game, lol. I recorded episodes in SP quality first, then EP when they ran again. And again whenever they aired because why not? Preservation of history and all that. 'It's history, dad.'
glad to know I wasn't the only kid taking this so seriously! I didn't even know there was such a thing as SP, LP etc so everything was SP, 4 hour tapes were the max and yes that means a hell of a lot of tapes were used

Quote:
Funny you mention "Roswell" because I've been missing that show lately. Like BH90210, it had heart and was unapologetic about it.
yes as far as teen dramas go, 90210 was my first and biggest love, then I went onto Dawson's and Roswell (and the short lived young americans) the "heart" of the show, that's what I really miss and haven't been able to find in many other series.

Quote:
and making fun of everything 24/7 as a way to pander to an audience who you think expects exactly that (because, let's face it, most people in the general population think they have the show and its appeal completely understood, on a surface level, without even being a viewer).
Exactly At least we have this forum where we can actually discuss the depth of the show too.

The script I have is for "The Real McCoy", I'll try scan this one tidbit soon. I mentioned years ago that I kind of gave up on the show at the beginning of season 5, as a young girl it was just far too devastating for me to see Dylan on this downward spiral, and the entrance of Valerie really made me upset, I just couldn't handle it and pretty much said "I'm out" and stopped regular watching, just caught bits and pieces here and there, then you guys here told me I should give it another chance as there was more Dy/K stuff to come so I did revisit the rest of the show a couple years ago but I admit I don't know it well at all compared to the first 4 seasons, as I've only seen each episode from s5 onwards once. So I don't even remember how close this script is to what was shot for The Real McCoy but I plan to re-watch this weekend. Anyway I think you'll all like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arami (View Post)
I recently watched this 90210 reunion video
https://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/12...n-panel-watch/
Arami! Thank you SO SO much for this link of the full talk! 45 minutes! Just a few days ago I was searching like crazy hoping there was a full video as I only saw the 5 minute one on youtube where they talk about Shannen so I had given up Thank you so much for this!
I just watched it and so many great moments! I loved that Luke said he was there on set even though he wasn't working that day, and he watched Jennie's performance in the slumber party episode and said she knocked it out of the park!

My take on Luke saying his favorite couple was Brenda/Dylan, I think really was his way to say something nice about Shannen while she was sick, they were clearly worried about her and even feeling slightly guilty about the negative things said about her in the past, so he really wanted to send lots of love to her and say anything that sends love her way. If someone asked him a few years before his favorite couple I'm not sure he would have said that, but who knows.

I'll let the rest of you analyze the rest of what was going on in that interview