View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:28 PM
playgroundDiaries
Elite Fan

Welcome, Arami!

Quote:
Shannen Doherty alluded a few years back, to Luke & Kelly’s very special on-set connection when she appeared on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live. (Though the video’s now unavailable)
Yes! We got a bit around here when that interview hit. Now I forgot what she said. It's in some post.

Quote:
I think they both felt official coupledom will poison the friendship
I think Jennie pretty much said this around the time of the 2012 speculation when she admitted there was a physical attraction between them, admitted Luke was one of her best friends, that they could talk about anything, but then … something about how it would be like dating her Uncle?

Quote:
Jason Priesley was asked if it was true that Luke and Jennie were finally dating and his response “ I hope so”
Damn, I was so excited to click on this article again, lol. Basically, it was when he mentioned that everyone in the cast had pretty much hooked up with one another that it became a real possibility to me, because what are the chances that Luke and Jennie would be the exception to a situation like that? But then, yes, there's their marriages to think about. So, probably a lot of unrequited feelings on Luke's part and fear/distance on Jennie's, until forced to move on … much like their show characters.
Quote:
In love scenes of Kelly and Dylan. it’s clear to me that Luke’s besotted with Jennie.
He practically undresses her with his eyes frame for frame.

(Had to)

January: Yeah, context is not doing the 'lasagna' line any favors either. At least it belongs to Kelly/Jake, not Dylan/Kelly. They had to crank out a lot of episodes in short order.

No sentimentality about Kelly and Jake, but they did set us up for understanding where Kelly was at before she began to wish her and Dylan could be something more. It had taken a while for her walls to come down, for her to crave a real relationship, and we had never really seen what it was like when passion ran deep for Kelly and she was weak in the knees (save that one S2 episode with Cousin Bobby, but even that wasn't on par with this).
Quote:
so then i made sure I would really really not forget, saying "unpause, unpause!" over and over in my head through the commercial break I figured out there were exactly 6 commercials and the last one would always be a promo for a tv show coming up...plus you had to allow about a 2 second delay from when you hit record again
Um … wow. We were ALL just nuts about nuts! I came to expect 6 commercials too, and of course the promo at the end. But I messed up on hitting record one too many times for my liking and then only tried to condense things if I was running out of room on the tape - but overall, very up on my pausing game, lol. I recorded episodes in SP quality first, then EP when they ran again. And again whenever they aired because why not? Preservation of history and all that. 'It's history, dad.' Boy, you learned how to use your VCR super young, though. I had to wait till S4 - which was perfect, because that was like peak obsession time. Then, the next year, syndication started.
Quote:
There was actually a Roswell fan who combined the extra clear picture from the DVD release with the audio from the tv recordings to capture original music
That was the plan. But I think full episodes would be too ambitious. We just need scenes where the music mattered, and anything cut out. It does pain me to think of new generations missing the true spirit of the show, missing actual information and context when scenes are cut, and binging the hell out each season at lightning speed because it's not the same experience. It's not what I can vouch for. If I waited six months for something to happen and you had to wait three and half hours, lol. Funny you mention "Roswell" because I've been missing that show lately. Like BH90210, it had heart and was unapologetic about it.

Quote:
some are just very crass, the whole tone of just "mocking" practically everything... […] "ugh so and so is upset for no reason...." if you actually pay attention there is a reason etc.
Ugh, I know. There's definitely a difference between mocking with an underlying love and appreciation, genuinely 'loving to hate' a show from the get-go, and making fun of everything 24/7 as a way to pander to an audience who you think expects exactly that (because, let's face it, most people in the general population think they have the show and its appeal completely understood, on a surface level, without even being a viewer). The same well-meaning people who might turn to very affected fans in the wake of Luke's death and say, "Aw, that's sad. He was cute." Or, "I know he was the Cool One". These are real life examples. I heard these. And it's like … how to explain more?

Quote:
I came across a real script with a little D/K tidbit between the lines you may all like....I'll try to scan it this week.
Cool. What episode?