View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 10:22 AM
Elektra
Total Fan

TFTNT!

Carried over from last thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Is it really that surprising they would steal from Kara and Brainiac's love story and give it to Nia when the DC comic writers did the same thing first when they reworte the universe after CoIE and gave Kara and Brainiac's entire love story to Nura and Brainiac?
After COIE, they gave Kara's relationship with Brainy to a character called Laurel Gand, a Daxamite who got Kara's backstory and history with the Legion. Laurel eventually dumped Brainy for his best friend, Rond.

It was only after a Legion reboot or two that they wrote in the Nura/Brainy relationship, and that was mostly because she was living in his head (her body was "dead"), and decided he was a pretty great guy, so they got married when he finally "fixed" her body.

I think that continuity disappeared into another Legion reboot.

DC then revisited Kara and Brainy's relationship in various Supergirl Annuals, prior to the New 52 reboot.

After the New 52, DC rebooted AGAIN with "ReBirth", and there's a theory that the mysterious Coluan Kara is currently travelling the Galaxy with is actually a brainwashed (no pun intended) Querl Dox, but right now he believes he's someone named Z'ndr Kol. We don't know for sure.

The writer of that story arc keeps hinting to Brainy/Kara fans on twitter to "Be patient", so who knows where they're going with that story.