View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 07:22 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
The part I emboldened in your explanation (thanks for that, by the way ) really reminds me of that episode in Season 2 where Angel sleeps with Darla. I think it was 'Reprise'. Angel took an elevator ride with the ghost of Holland Manners, who is basically bound forever to the company as he --sold his soul-- to them I guess, and he rides on the 'Express Elevator To Hell' (to quote Hudson in ALIENS ) then they end up back in L.A. -- majorly implying that the world they're living in is considered a living hell. Very dark idea, but very interesting.
****, I didn't remember that.

Quote:
...They brought Groo back? AND Connor?
Connor is good, as ATF officially fixes him properly.
He gets memory flashes from his infancy (don't ask, In don't know either, it doesn't explain) and finally, as a result, accepts Angel as his father and as a bonus regards Cordelia as his surrogate mother.
"Aw come on! Fantastic my first time was with my surrogate mother. Not only am I an immaculate vamp baby but I'm also Odepus."
He also legit barfs.

Thereafter he and Angel build a close relationship.

In an arc in 'Angel and Faith,' Connor even verbally absolves Angel and even Wesley of the fault for his upbringing in Quor-Toth. So I was told by Straws, as I've mentioned before I own the volumes but I still have to read them.

Groo, I agree he's just whatever.
However, his learning Cordragon's name was important because Angel gave him to Groo to look after along with Groo's newly acquired pegasus also named Cordelia.
I had to appreciate the Pegasus even though it's corny because it reveals that Groo did, in fact, know Cordelia's name as we only ever hear him call her Princess which is a lot of what made him come across as a tool.

Quote:
I wish the entirety of Season 4 EXCEPT from the Faith storyline (I loved her scenes with Wesley) had been a by-product of the effects of Lorne's spell in SPIN THE BOTTLE.

Like... I wish they had all woken up at the end of Season 5 and realized that the real Cordelia was FINALLY back and everything from 4x06 onward was just a horrible dream.

I'd have been on board with that.
Anything's better than Jasmine.
Even the original intended storyline before Charisma's pregnancy changed its course.
From what MIA thread member FuriosityShell told me, Cordelia was supposed to have become something of an inverted Dark!Willow.
She was supposed to have a vision while in the higher plain of humanity destroying itself and returned power mad with the need to save it. The arc would have climaxed with her and Angel battling it out but according to Furiosity, there was nothing said in the interview he heard about this in to indicate that Cordelia wouldn't have survived it.
This would have made her line in 'To Shanhu in LA': "I saw them all, they're in so much pain. We have to save them" an epic foreshadow.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 03-17-2019 at 08:03 PM