View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 03:12 PM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
That gets better when you know how.
The premise of the arc is that W&H thrust the whole of LA into hell and turned Angel human, NOT as a reward but as a handicap.

At one point, he's badly injured and in excruciating pain and while performing a series of healing rituals he takes comfort talking to a hallucination of his Cordy.
Meanwhile, a dragon that he befriended (remember the dragon he calls dibs on in the last moment of NFA? Yup, one and the same as he realizes it's a misguided victim of W&H as well) is nearby the whole time and not realizing that Angel is hallucinating, he believes the name is being directed at him (yes the dragon is male).
The part I emboldened in your explanation (thanks for that, by the way ) really reminds me of that episode in Season 2 where Angel sleeps with Darla. I think it was 'Reprise'. Angel took an elevator ride with the ghost of Holland Manners, who is basically bound forever to the company as he --sold his soul-- to them I guess, and he rides on the 'Express Elevator To Hell' (to quote Hudson in ALIENS ) then they end up back in L.A. -- majorly implying that the world they're living in is considered a living hell. Very dark idea, but very interesting.

Quote:
Thereafter, the name is considered sacred as the dragon will only trust those who use it and Angel only ever reveals it to two people in whispers; Connor and Groo.
...They brought Groo back? AND Connor?

Quote:
I agree. Perhaps if Wes hasn't been such a mess and with Cordelia not being Cordelia he would have thought to use the damn drug instead of the shaman in season 4!
I wish the entirety of Season 4 EXCEPT from the Faith storyline (I loved her scenes with Wesley) had been a by-product of the effects of Lorne's spell in SPIN THE BOTTLE.

Like... I wish they had all woken up at the end of Season 5 and realized that the real Cordelia was FINALLY back and everything from 4x06 onward was just a horrible dream.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen