Old 03-17-2019, 06:50 AM
MistyMountainHop
Fan Forum Hero

Classic Comics Sunday

---

Those ’70s Comics: 566

Inspired by episode 504 - “Heartbreaker”

---

Comments: Now we know where Eric gets it from. Like grandma, like grandson. At least Eric worked through it (and fast, too.

Also, I’m surprised this is the first time Hyde’s ever heard about Kitty’s parents. Never having met them makes sense if they moved to Phoenix many years ago. But Hyde was integrated enough into the Formans’ family before he moved in that Red’s mother knew him – and didn’t like him. Eric, Kitty, Red, and/or Laurie would’ve mentioned Kitty’s parents from time to time while Hyde was around.

Show-wise, of course, Hyde’s line is for the audience, to give Kitty and Eric the setup they need for their lines about Kitty’s parents and introduce their dynamic to us. But still, the writers could’ve come up with a setup line that is more in line with Hyde’s long experience being, essentially, the Formans’ second son. Here’s an example:
Hyde: Mrs. Formans’ parents still got that “healthy” way of relating to each other goin’ on?
Kitty: Steven, they’re just very complicated people who can’t be summed up in a couple of words.
Eric: Yup. Grandma yells. Grandpa drinks.
Hyde [with a small laugh]: Kinda like my ma, except split into two people.
Red: That pretty much sums it up.
---

Colleen, thank you!

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 03-23-2019 at 06:04 AM