View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 09:38 PM
playgroundDiaries
Elite Fan

Quote:
maybe my most thrilling tv moment ever!

I was every bit as surprised as Kelly to see Dylan at the door when she turned. That whole scene is sexy as hell. Mostly the nonverbal communication, the glances, the trepidation and/or rapid breathing, especially from Kelly. Yet the ending kiss has such a sweetness to it. She lets go (finally!) and is actually the one drawing him in.

Quote:
the way he looks at her....almost like he is mesmerized at first, and then later on just completely in love
Like when he kisses her in his living room - the first on-screen kiss, with her in that white dress - and breaks out of it looking all stunned, like he's seen god? That's how I've always described it here for whatever reason. That instance in particular. Just cause he's taken aback by his feelings, and that's awesome, not that I need/want him worshiping her.

Quote:
so hurt when she's hurt, I'm thinking Senior Poll there when he's in the coat tails
Awww. Aw, yeah. Loved how he was always down to hash things out, even throw-down style, but would be crushed at the prospect of things unresolved and getting worse. He completely loved her by then. And he wasn't running away.

Quote:
when Karen Rosin talked about the real triangle it was clear there was a sense of discretion like "don't ask too many questions" and I wondered for a minute if it were her and Charles.
Yeah, from your earlier post, sounds like it was their friend. It wouldn't be the first time Dy/K's scenes were maybe influenced by a real life couple, though. Steve Wasserman (R.I.P.) and Jessica Klein were divorced and teamed up to write a lot of Dylan/Kelly-centric episodes. Definitely interesting. And then I think about Chip Johannesen (sp?) and how he had at least a few thoughts about Dylan and Kelly having a real foundation. Check out the S3 DVD commentary track. There's a remark on the "Home and Away" scene. I mean, if we didn't know it wasn't all 'Beach Blanket Bingo' with them by that point, there was the evidenced friendship developing.

Quote:
Yes I will navigate through the podcasts for you all and let you guys know which are the "safe" ones to watch with good D/K info
Thaaank you, January! No burden or anything. We'll need to keep this thread active then. I think that podcast has been going for some years now.

Omg, I love the idea of "Chuck's Corner" in every podcast. It really comes as no surprise to hear from a fan, but just seeing the ending Exec Producer credits go up after the final scene was a highlight of every week in its own right, lol. Don't give me this 'E. Duke Vincent' business. Seeing 'Charles Rosin', that's when you knew you were still watching quality episodes. Well, mostly.
Quote:
I think it was talking about a summer episode (season 2 or 3 I can't remember) but I thought they actually mentioned you Mel
Holy . Yes, that was me. I remember freaking out that they reached out 'whilst I had fallen behind on BH90210 priorities' and hadn't really caught much of their show. The site was AllExperts.com, which is now defunct, kind of like a more modern AskJeeves.