View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 05:23 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

^ You're welcome Bringing this over from the previous one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Fall (View Post)
The best thing about Fred's death was how Angel seemed to be reliving losing Cordelia.

"...crawled inside and user her up. No way in hell, I'm letting that happen again!"
For sure The best thing about that 2-parter was Angel confiding in Spike (of all people) about his memories of how Cordelia was ripped away from him by something that used her body and spat her back out when it was done That was a great way for him to bond with Spike, and you could tell that he was the only one who had been around long enough to seen as much as Angel had and acknowledge that what happened to Fred and Cordelia was unjust.

Quote:
What I hate most about Fred coming back is that it apparently wasn't enough that her death got aftermath due to Cordelia but now to bring her back while Cordelia remained dead...
I think they'd be too fearful of bringing Cordy back because she was always a fan favorite, and the way she died was completely different in the sense that Jasmine taking over her body was both an eventual thing, plus they tried to tie in so many events over every season to make sense of it and made it a complete + utter mess. (Remember that scene of exposition where Skip is explaining how their lives were destined to intertwine, so that Jasmine could be born? )

Quote:
I assure you that 'After the Fall ' is worth it but otherwise I'm on the same page.
Here are some glimpses:

Brian Lynch was a godsend.
Thanks so much for posting these

The last quote would make a great title

Also... He named a pet dragon after her?! That's cute.

Quote:
He was essentially on a PCP, in other words, under the delusion that the curse had broken and he was Angelus.
It was a very smart concept.
It was a fantastic episode, because like you said, the idea that something very human (a drug) had the power to affect him in that way and make him lose sight of his humanity without actually fully turning him enabled the show to continue and Wesley and Cordelia's friendships with him to stay intact when all was said and done.

Quote:
Cordelia's line: "Angelus may not be soothing company but at least he's honest, shouldn't I expect the same of the non-evil versions of my friends?" resonates for me.
That moment was very important for them both and for their friendship, moving forward. It was a huge eye-opener, and Cordelia also learned that even Angel has secrets and human thoughts like the rest of us.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen