View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 07:34 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I know. Goldie is much more of a handful to take care of than Andrew or Chance were. She loves being outside where Andrew and Chance preferred being inside and she gets into things she shouldn't much more than they do.
I wonder if it’s possible that she never really gets rid of it, you know? Almost like it goes low enough with treatment to show undetectable when testing but the reality is she still has a little bit inside of her. When she comes in contact with it again it’s easy for it to grow. Probably not. How many times has she had it? Two times?

When I was in six grade I got strep throat about 12 times in a row. It went on for one year. Some of it was due to a slight immune deficiency I have. But it turns out I was a carrier. After the first couple times I never even got symptoms yet I would test positive for it. They figured out I was a carrier after doing specialized testing. I just couldn’t get rid of the bacteria so a little bit was hiding and it was easier to grow to abnormal numbers. It had to run its course (along with going on longer treatments). But I remember the doctor saying even during moments that the strep test showed negative, I still had it hiding inside my body ready to accumulate. After a while it wasn’t affecting me, but I was giving it to others. Oddly enough and thankfully I never gave it to my family.

If Goldie gets diagnosed again you should ask them if it’s possible she’s not completely getting rid of it.