View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Mignonette
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh, you think so, Lila? You don't think that she'd have to ease into it first, being all innocent and pure as she was in season 1? Sure, they wouldn't mind a little spooning and all that, but I don't know if they'd be willing to go all the way in season 1, not unless there was something that led up to it. She didn't start seducing him until season 2, I believe.

I'm sure Puzo must've suspected something. I just wish I knew what it was in his research that led him to that conclusion.
Yes, Alex: "not unless there was something that led up to it." But something DID lead up to it in season 1: Lu was separated from Ces for the first time ever. That's why they took love substitutes, Ursula and Paolo. Ces fell in love with Ursula to ease his pain of losing Lu to marriage to another man - who took her virginity - something Ces very much coveted. Ces was 4 years older and had been lusting after her longer than she had for him. They were both certainly in love early on, but the sexual lust had been burning in Ces for years.

Lu primarily fell in love with Paolo to ease the trauma caused by Sforza. She was raped repeatedly - something Ces never experienced. She also used Paolo as a love/lust substitute for Ces, but she had 2 unconscious drivers with Paolo compared with Ces having only 1 with Ursula. She was much more vulnerable than he was and would've fallen into his arms very easily at that point.

Imagine if Lu & Sforza had stayed in Rome near Ces. What do you think would've happened when she was so miserable in her marriage? Do you think she would've fallen in love with the stable boy? Or would she have turned to Ces? And Ces, would he have fallen in love with Ursula - or just had fun with her, like he always did with women? You need only read the IRL history to answer those questions:

When Sforza and Lu returned to Rome a couple of years after they married, Ces bought them (Lu) the house that was literally attached to his and within 6 months, Sforza donned a disguise and fled in the middle of the night alone back to Pesaro in fear for his life when he found out Ces was plotting his murder. It was only a couple of months later that Lu disappeared into the convent. Then, Perotto and Lu's lady's maid end up in the Tiber and baby Giovanni shows up at the Vatican with Ces proclaiming him as his son by an "unnamed mistress". Yeah, mistress Lu