View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 12:32 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Chesapeake Shores 3.10 Before a Following Sea

Abby trying to get some of the family back together was sweet. I totally get why she made the attempt. Siblings absolutely need to stick together! The attempt didn't really work though. Abby does her next predictable thing... goes to Mick... her efforts are great (on paper) but this family is not the norm, lol.

Weirdly... Mick only seems concerned with what Abby was going to do about Trace and his band going on tour. It's so strange he's not too concerned with the family rift.

Leigh continuing to pressure Trace is so annoying. Doesn't she realize that ultimately she probably will get her way but it will end up backfiring since it's not ideally what he wants? His heart is with Abby, family, and Cheseapeake Shores. She can remove him for a while longer but he will either resent her or leave anyway. The writing is on the wall.

However.... Trace seemed more concerned about talking and focusing on everything except the decision of the band going on tour. I love Abby not having it.

Bree's bad mood... I usually love Bree but I don't really connect. I think it's because I hate Simon and couldn't give a rip about this Simon/Caroline BS.

With the family blowout, Megan seems to be making it her personal mission to go and apologize to each of the kids individually. Awe. I loved her interaction with Connor.

I will repeat... Megan had mental illness. Mental illness. That is like having cancer. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are cold and clueless. Megan didn't have the capability to be a parent and Mick didn't give her options. She thought she was making the best decision for her children and her health.

That said, I do understand the concerns, especially from the younger ones that didn't know like Abby and Kevin did.

It's heartbreaking though because sometimes you just need your mom... which was so clear when Bree couldn't resist telling Megan what was happening between Simon and Caroline. I think they are on the path to fixing things. Thankfully!

David's parents... oh no. Shocking but definitely humbling (if they have a sincere motive) not only coming to Chesapeake Shores for a visit but personally apologizing to both Jess and David. It's about time. David did seem eager to accept the apology from his parents, while Jess was hesitant. They hurt Jess and we know Jess has trust issues anyway, especially when it concerns parents. Their contribution to David and Jess' dream of owning a bed and breakfast will probably go a long way toward changing Jess' mind. Hopefully? I guess we'll see.

Kevin and Sarah are just so genuine. I will bet they will marry soon, they are just so perfect together. Sarah not wanting Kevin to leave his family, even though she appreciates the thought was beautiful, so she's the one who's moving. I adore these two.

Connor and Danielle... I just don't like her. I don't trust her.

Watching Trace and Abby finally discuss him going away for the tour was heartbreaking. I know these two have been through a lot and they always seem to come out the other side even stronger. But this feels different. Doesn't Trace realize success = even more opportunities? This isn't just the end or it might not be. Eventually Abby won't be able to take it anymore.

Quote:
Abby: I just, um, wanted to discuss you leaving.
Trace: I-I thought we talked about that.
Abby: Yeah. I've been thinking about it a lot and I don't think I can do this anymore.
Trace: But we've been doing it, and from my perspective, it's been working.
Abby: Yeah, and I know this might sound selfish, and I want you to be happy. This isn't the life that I want, and I can't share your dreams by giving up mine.
Trace: I'm living my dream. Right here, right now. And I thought this was your dream too.
Abby: I want a life with you, Trace. I want a family with you. I want to spend my life with you.
Trace: Abby. Abby, we can make this work. We have before and we're doing it now. We can have it all.
Abby: No, we can't have it all. Because we want different things. Trace, when I came back home for my family I knew everything I was giving up and I don't think you're ready to do that for us yet.
^ Heartbreaking...

See, Abby knows what she wants out of life, and she isn't willing to wait forever for it. So she made a difficult decision, but I think Abby did the right thing regardless of how hard it was.

The finale was clearly a set up for season 4... and to think we were worried about not getting a season 4.

Seriously, though... they all need to start the healing process and finally be a real family together. It is NOT just about Megan's leaving either... it is healing from Mick not being there. Remember season 1? Both Jess and Connor had major issues with Mick for his part. He played a big part, the biggest part if you ask me. Abby was their mother figure and their father figure was gone working. They need to deal with the entire situation.

I loved the moment of Trace signing the picture for Donovan's daughter. I think light bulbs went off as he finally realized what he is giving up. But he made his decision. He needs to see this play out and hope that in the end, it's not too late for his real dreams to come true and news flash, that's not music... his dreams are with Abby/family/Chesapeake Shores.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-03-2019 at 12:43 PM