View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Elektra
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
My poor dorks. Not sure they have a chance. It's a shame they would have been such a good pairing.
No kidding!

It's like Brainy and Kara aren't even allowed to talk to each other unless it's about the current crisis-of-the-week. I was hoping with them both geeking out over movies back in one of the early episodes of Season 4, we'd see them have an actual conversation and develop a close friendship at the very least... but apparently not.

My biggest concern is that the show seems to be going out of their way to avoid one of the most important relationships in Supergirl's comic canon (Kara/Brainy's relationship is only second to her relationship with Clark, I think).

I fear that at some point, the EPs are going to insist that the previous showrunner's self-insert character is Kara's one and only true love and that she'll never love anyone else ever.

(Also -- not a fan of the "talk funny and act clueless" Brainy we've been getting since episode 5. I only hope his current behaviour is related to the whole "lock your emotions up in little boxes" thing that Lena convinced him to do back in ep. 4 when he was getting emotional over Kara's kryptonite poisoning, and at some point he'll go back to the Brainy we saw in Season 3, and early Season 4).