View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 08:44 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah they said Franco had brain tumor just because they changed the actor and wanted to change his role sort of completely. So I can see why fans didn't really buy into that storyline.

I sure don't cut them slack because when Ben was killing people I don't remember people saying "Aww look he has mental issues so it's okay." however once he got paired with Ciara, it seems what he did in the past is acceptable... and THAT's my issue... if the CIN pairing didn't become as big, would be still act the same way.

For me my issue with Ben's redemption storyline thus far is that I don't see why everyone in Salem should forget what he's done? What has Ben really did besides save and love Ciara? To anyone else, he should be the same serial killer since he really haven't done anything else. So my issue with some fans are the ones who are having an issue with the treatment of Ben... umm... if Ben doesn't like being treated that way, he doesn't need to be in Salem! He can start a whole new life somewhere else.... I know for storyline purposes that won't happen but it's why I can't really feel too sad (yet) for him.

It seems in Soaps the pattern is starting to be the rapist having a legit redemption storyline whereas the serial killers have the mentally ill excuse....
I think fans don't necessarily forget a character's past which is why it's good when you see a character show a long drawn out guilt within themselves.

Soap Couples from the 90 were so amazing.