View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 07:19 PM
Always & Forever
Fan Forum Legend

Carrie & Mike {Fisherwood} #17: “Thanks for always being the small town girl from Oklahoma even thou you’re one of the biggest stars!” - Mike

#17;

Welcome to the Carrie Mike Appreciation Thread

She is an American Idol winner and country music superstar. He is a Canadian professional hockey player for the Ottawa Senators. Carrie, 27, and Mike, 30, first met backstage after an October 2008 concert of hers in Toronto. The two started to spend more time together, and in January of 2009, reports were circulating that the two were officially dating after Carrie was spotted at several of his hockey games. After dating for about a year, it was confirmed by Mike himself that the happy couple was engaged. Mike reportedly proposed at his home on December 20th, 2009. Finally, on July 10th, 2010, Carrie and Mike tied the knot in Georgia before 250 friends and family. After the wedding, the couple headed off for their 11-day honeymoon to Tahiti & Bora Bora. The newly married couple are reportedly building a house in Canada and plan on living their together by September when it's finished.

1. danielle002
2. hockeycanada87
3. mcgoslinginlove
4. More_Than_That
5. strawberrykisses617
6. shine for you
7. BLlover
8. missSUNSHINE
9. mint chip
10. Jemistry
11. Colleen3284
12. starslightup
13. xoxo-carly
14. Leneoth
15. Courtneyx6
16. Mrs.Lachey
17. Aimyy.Leigh
18. Peyton Scott
19. lovatojonas
20. OTH_Leyton_4eva
21. SomeHearts
22. Zac Efron's #1 Fan
23. Make A Wave
24. babyblue54
25. -Caitlin-
26. missygurl88
27. Just A Dream
28. "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"
29. AlwaysBL
30. Jojo
31. AmericanDirrty
32. starslightup
33. Auti3luvsU
34. backstreetboysfan
35. night changes
36. Titanicfan94

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14)

"The first thing that struck me was how shy she was, yet down-to-earth. I knew pretty early she was a special girl and I was very lucky!" - Mike

"Four months of dating is my 'This guy is starting to bug me' moment. That never happened. We just eased into 'I could do this forever.'" - Carrie

"From the beginning it felt different. You could tell Mike had the best intentions all the time." - Carrie

"He looks at you when he talks to you. He's engaging and easy to be around." - Carrie

"Everything he does is great. I couldn't have dreamt him up any better." - Carrie

"I'm not a big stresser -- Mike would love me if I weighed 800 pounds." - Carrie

"Mike has improved my walk with God. It's important to me, because down the road, I want someone who will help shape our kids into people who make the world a better place." - Carrie

"He brings out the best in me. He's a good person. I've felt myself grow with him, which is really good. Certain people in your life I feel like you come
across for a reason ... If we stay together or don't stay together, I'm very glad that I met him. He's been a really positive influence on my life." - Carrie

"Mike makes me feel so special. I don't care what the title is: bride-to-be, girlfriend, bride. As long as I'm around him, I'm good." - Carrie

"He loves God, he loves his family, he's good to his mama, he treats me like royalty, he's really good to me." - Carrie

"I have the biggest prize and it's the guy sitting next to me. Win or lose, I know he's proud of me." - Carrie

"He is the person that I see making me happy for the rest of our lives, and he is the person I would
do anything for to make him happy. I very well may be the luckiest girl in the world." - Carrie

"Thank you #12. You are the most amazing addition to my life! You are such a wonderful person and have had such
an amazing hand in the building of this album and in the growth of me as a person. . . . I love you so much! You
make my life better in every way! I thank God for you every day . . . xoxo, Carrie."

"It's pretty amazing how we found each other. It's always seemed right, and I look forward to everything." - Carrie

"I look forward to seeing what God's got for us. It's exciting to have her by my side the whole way." - Mike

"She looked stunning. I was thanking God for her, for that moment. It's something I'll
never forget. Seeing her in that dress was unreal. I was just feeling blessed." - Mike

"I'm with my best friend and I love her to death. There's nothing better, for sure." - Mike

our words
The reason I love Carrie and Mike so much is because they genuinely seem so happy together. Every picture, video, article that I see or read about them, they seem so in love. Being a Carrie fan for so long, I want her to be happy with her career, but also with her life. I always hoped she would find someone that would make her really happy, and she did, and I am so pleased. Every time she talks about Mike in interviews, she has nothing but positive things to say about their relationship. It is very refreshing for a fan to read, knowing that their Idol has found happiness in something other than music. I wish Carrie and Mike all the best in their future together. They deserve every bit of it.
danielle002.

I loved Fisherwood from the very beginning. I'm a huge Sens fan and I worship the ground Mike Fisher walks on. I've also loved Carrie since Idol... so, pretty much a match made in heaven. They way they talk about each other really got me hooked - I love that Carrie opened up about her relationship with him, you can tell she knew that it would last. And their pictures? GORGEOUS. They will have the cutest family ever and I can't wait!
AlwaysBL.

Mike and Carrie just have that glow about them. I knew he was something special when her songs suddenly became really happy and lovey-dovey. I love that even though they have these hectic schedules, they are there for each other... with Mike texting her as soon as she won an award, to having her schedule of when she'll be on tv, to even walking her tiny dog. And with Carrie calling his brother when she's confused about something in Mike's hockey game, or her stocking his fridge because he always leaves it empty, to her crying after Comcast made her frustrated because all she wanted was to watch Mike's game. How can you not like him when Carrie admits to Mike turning up the radio whenever she comes on and then holds her back to keep her from changing the station just so he can sing “Before He Cheats”. You can just tell that they truly do love each other and that is why I continue to care about them. They deserve extreme love and happiness and I thank God they found it in each other.
mcgoslinglove.

There are many reasons why I love Carrie and Mike as a couple. For one, they just seem like a perfect match. They both believe in the same things, like God and faith. Additionally, they're both generous and kind people that want to make the world a better place. Another reason why I love Fisherwood is because they genuinely seem so happy together. You can read about it in their interviews and you can see it in their pictures together as well. It's so obvious that they are truly in love. Additionally, their love is seen through their support of one another. I think it's adorable that Carrie attends his games and wears his jersey to support him, and Mike attends award shows and goes on the road with her to support her career. Lastly, I love these two because they're so pretty together. It's a shallow reason, but it's true! They make a gorgeous couple and I know they will have beautiful children someday. I'm so happy for them and I wish them all the best.
-Caitlin-.

From what I've seen of and heard from Carrie and Mike, I think it's clear that the two of them make a wonderful couple. I love how happy they look together and that they can share their lives and faith together. It's great to see them happily married.
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel".

videos

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you
From This Moment by Shania Twain
I don't know where I'd be
Without you here with me
Life with you makes perfect sense
You're my best friend
My Best Friend by Tim McGraw