View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 01:39 AM
- just stand still -
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Oh, you're from California, Katie? I'm sorry.

Yes, I know that Rowling never said that specifically about Harry/Ginny, but when I hear anyone say that Ginny was "perfect" for Harry, that to me raises "Mary Sue" flags. Ginny was never that well developed as a character, she just seemed manufactured to be "perfect." As for Ron/Hermione, Rowling did say that was wish fulfillment, and I while I get what you're saying, I still think that Ron/Hermione was a bit unrealistic and that Harry/Hermione made more sense narratively. But that's just me. I have the same issues with CW couples.
it's okay. LA drivers are pretty bad.

yea, I do agree with you about Ginny and HG, she just kinda became perfect out of nowhere in the 6th book, Harry barely noticed her before and then all of the sudden, he wanted her. it was so sudden. her character definitely could have been developed better too.

yea, she did. I understand what you're saying and I do love Harry/Hermione as friends and get why people ship them, I just don't feel it for me.

I think my biggest thing with HG and HHr is that I always felt that Harry loved Ron more. while of course the three of them are all best friends, I think Harry preferred spending his time with Ron and always missed him the most.

don't worry, I won't get mad at you and I think we're pretty even on not liking at least one of the others ships so we're good.