View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 03:04 AM
- just stand still -
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Katie! Yeah, I've heard that the HP movies had those issues. I didn't see any of the movies after the first two. Oh, and I guess you heard that J.K. Rowling admitted that she made a mistake putting Harry with Ginny and Hermione with Ron. She said that it was mostly out of her own wish fulfillment and that in hindsight she thinks that Harry and Hermione made more sense and that Hermione and Ron would end up in marriage counseling.
well technically she never actually said that, the media headlines did and a lot of people were outraged without even reading the actual article (which I was at first but then read the article and it wasn't that bad. ) she definitely never said anything about Harry/Ginny (though she should have cause they're the ones who make no sense. ) and she definitely never said that Harry/Hermione should have ended up together or that they made more sense. she did say that in some ways they are a better fit which in all honesty is somewhat true. she also did say that Ron/Hermione might need counseling which isn't necessarily a bad thing since he does have self-esteem issues and she's critical a lot but in my opinion a lot of their issues derived from the fact that they were fighting their feelings for each other and didn't know how to handle those feelings given that they were teenagers. they made huge, huge steps in the last book and I tend to think that they would have gotten over those issues.

https://www.cinemablend.com/pop/What...rry-62153.html

this s a comment I agree with.

Quote:
THANK YOU. I was getting so irritated that these stupid jeadlines continued to spout that bullcrap about JK basically outright stating Harry/Hermione should have happened. And the fans basically uproared without even really LOOKING at what J.K actually freaking SAID.

I agree with Rowling about the counseling too, because despite me liking Romione they DID have issues with self esteem and criticizing, so to pretend it would all just evaporate via marriage is ridiculous And yes, a form of wish fulfillment. I also agree with her when she says in some ways, Harmony would be good together.

But she still never said Harmony > Romione, nor did she say Harmony > HINNY and Romione, I still think she is adamant about Ginny being PERFECT for Harry, so everyone was basically jumping the gun with Harmony to get some viewers on their articles.

That being said, counseling or not, Romione I feel would have gotten it together and worked out, and you know what, I'm glad J.K kept it real because what makes this even better is romione will go through hardship and come out better for themselves and each other, and be closer than ever. I like that thought.

Quote:
Yep, I've seen California drivers. They're the most immature drivers I've ever seen
or we're just better than everyone else.