View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Austenphile
Elite Fan

Here’s a good summary of today’s panel in Atlanta plus a cute little video of the cast

Manifest is 'just going to get more complicated' heading into finale, cast teases

Here’s an interview done before the panel on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/1739007242796...578699?sfns=mo

And I did not live tweet, but here are some of my observations:

Jeff told the story of coming up with the show while driving his family in a mini van and thinking of family togetherness and how important that was and what would happen if it was disrupted. Then he thought of everything that would happen in real life in this situation. Other romances, hate groups, religious fringe, government conspiracy, etc. said the cast came together perfectly.

Melissa jokingly said Mick might be a little crazy to just accept the Callings, but she needs that faith because Ben is a skeptic so they offset each other

Athena and Jared were asked about the love triangles. Athena thinks the messiness of it is interesting. Jared commented about maybe not marrying the best friend. And made a joke about Zeke.

Parveen said that Saanvi has stayed away from the romance drama. But maybe 8B would be next season. And that her PTSD will force her to deal with her past.

Only Jeff and a handful of the writing staff know the plans for the show. The cast is on a need to know basis.

Josh talked about how grateful they all are that the cast has resonated with the audience.

JR and Josh talked about funny airplane encounters.

Jeff said the show was about second chances and redemption.

And a lot of just fun banter.

I am sure I have forgotten something.

Last edited by Austenphile; 02-10-2019 at 11:27 AM