View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 08:43 PM
LindaL100
Obsessed Fan

there has been so many speculations and controversy surrounding Jack's death and whether or not he could've been saved over the years and it's understandable that James Cameron has become so frustrated about it. I think it's surprising that over 20+ years later people are still mad that Jack died and still obsessing over it. Over the years many people have complained that Jack could've been saved, I remember James once said that the problem was not the size of the door but the buoyancy, in the movie when both Jack and Rose tried to climb on the door they both fell off because they were too heavy, so only 1 person could use the door at one time, but some people are still obsessed they even did experiments of their own to try to prove whether or not 2 people were able to use the door at the same time as a floating device hence save both Jack and Rose's life to try to dispute James' explanation.

While I understand the fact that Jack was such a popular character and his death in the movie was so tragic to watch for so many people, but at the end of the day, both Jack and Rose are just fictional characters, so I think it's ridiculous that so many people have become so obsessed about his death over the years, some people even blame Rose for Jack's death and hate her for it, and I remember seeing someone posting a comment on youtube going so far as accusing Rose of "murdering" Jack (obviously from an obsessive Jack fan), which I think is so ridiculous and unfair, these people who blame Rose obviously did not pay attention to the film and do not understand the meaning of 'murder' if these people had paid attention to the movie, it was so obvious that it was Jack's own decision to sacrifice himself in order to save Rose, it was his OWN choice, Rose did not intentionally kill Jack but people still blame her, and whenever I point out to them that Jack made his own decision to sacrifice himself to save Rose, they make up other excuses to blame Rose, it really annoys me whenever I see these obsessive irrational Jack fans blaming and hating on Rose for Jack's death
LindaL100 is offline   Reply With Quote