View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 05:56 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Season 1

This was the season that established the greatest television show ever and it introduced us to unforgettable characters in an idyllic setting that drew us in like no other television show ever has. I loved the equal time given to the adults and the teenagers and I loved seeing the interactions of the key characters and families. I liked seeing how Andy Brown, who had been a driven workaholic who was only focused on his career and who neglected his family was devastated by the sudden and tragic loss of his wife and who abandoned his career and moved his family from New York City to Everwood Colorado to honor her memory. I loved the fish out of water aspect to Ephram’s initial reaction to moving to Everwood and his confrontations with Andy were riveting, and I liked seeing how Ephram and Amy’s relationship evolved through the season. I also liked Amy’s friendship with Laynie and I also liked Ephram and Laynie’s relationship. The only aspect of the season that I didn’t care for was the Colin story as I felt that it dragged out too long and it dominated the season too much and I didn’t like Colin.

Season 4

I would have liked to have seen Ephram and Amy reunite sooner and I didn’t like Nina and Jake’s relationship and how she went back to Andy only when Jake told her to, but overall this season had some incredible episodes. This was one of the few shows that was able to successively transition the teenage characters from High School to college while still giving equal time to the adult characters. I loved seeing Ephram and Amy start to rebuild their relationship after the heartbreaking end of Season Three and Ephram’s trip to Europe, and I loved seeing how Ephram grew and matured as a person through his relationship with Kyle. I thought that Bright and Hannah were a totally mismatched couple though and I always felt like she was a filler character brought in to replace Laynie as Amy’s best friend and to be a love interest for Bright, and they just didn’t click as a couple for me. I also thought that Reid was a boring filler character brought in as a semi-love interest for Amy and I didn’t find his character to be very engaging. I absolutely loved the Series Finale and Amy’s heartfelt declaration of love for Ephram, and to me, it was the greatest finale of any show that I’ve ever watched.

Season 3

I loved seeing Ephram and Amy’s romantic relationship, but there was a ticking time bomb that overshadowed not only Ephram and Amy’s romantic relationship, but the entire season, namely Madisongate and her revealing to Ephram, at the worst possible time, that she had his baby but didn’t tell him about it and Andy revealing that he had ordered Madison not to tell Ephram. I hated how Ephram blamed Amy for not telling him that she knew about what happened with Madison and I especially hated the cruel way he broke up with her and the awful things he said to his father, but I did like seeing Andy and Harold become friends and watching the characters grow. I didn’t like Andy and Amanda’s affair and how Jake and Nina’s romantic relationship developed, but Ephram and Amy’s romantic relationship was the highlight of the season for me.

Season 2

I felt that Amy’s depression storyline, while very well acted and realistic was, well, depressing, and I didn’t like how the town and Amy blamed Andy for Colin’s death and how Amy shut out Ephram for most of the season due to this, but I was glad that they ended up together toward the end of the season. I also despised Ephram and Madison’s relationship and I hated every aspect of it, and I especially hated how the season ended with Madison revealing to Andy that she was pregnant with Ephram’s child and Andy telling her not to tell Ephram. I also didn’t like Amy and Tommy’s relationship at all and how Laynie, a character I really liked, was written off the show and essentially replaced as Amy’s best friend by Hannah in Season Three who I found to be as dull as dishwater. I liked Andy’s relationship with Linda and the relationship dynamic that Harold and Linda had, but I didn’t like how abruptly she left and the reason why she left.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy