View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 07:03 PM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I totally get what you mean.

I didn't like how they randomly changed Fred in Season 4 when she killed the Professor. I mean, as much as I loved Wesley, her romantic interest in him came out of nowhere
Yeah... everything I pretty much loved about Fred in season 3 completely vanished after the first few episodes of Season 4. It's a shame how much they had to change her just to break up Gunn/Fred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree. I don't think she even had a romantic interest in Wesley during s4, she was just looking for a distraction from her problems with Gunn. The writers said themselves when writing 5x12 that they had two episodes to develop her feelings for him, so it obviously wasn't something that had been there all along. & even then, they only gave her those feelings because they were going to kill her off & wanted to make it all about Wesley's pain - classy, right?

She sure did not! It doesn't matter if the fanbase for a certain pairing was big... Fred did NOT have romantic feelings for Wes. She loved him as a friend and it wasn't even a real choice with her choosing between Gunn and Wes since she didn't see Wes in the romantic way she saw Gunn!

Well I can see why the writers said that because I just didn't see the feelings between them.
Even in season 5 I didn't see it...

Probably if the writers actually built them a bit more I would've brought it but I didn't.
It was mainly all from Wes side and than Wes/Fred were together so... nothing to really care about there.

Probably they should have spent the whole season 5 building it up... and don't act like her feelings for Gunn never existed.