View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 08:07 PM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Previous replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Season 1

Groundbreaking TV. The best of the series and the best season of TV I have ever seen. Near perfection. It was magical, and did have a gorgeous fairytale element. I can't say enough about this season. Everwood is like the Harry Potter series... I can’t get enough... I read/watch and watch and still need more.

Season 4

While I disliked the lack of Ephram/Amy from time to time, there were truly some of the best epsiodes of the entire series scattered throughout this season. You could tell Berlanti returned for this season. His touch was back. I loved watching Ephram/Amy rebuild. And the Series Finale was the best Series Finale, EVER.

Season 3

I loved seeing the Ephram/Amy romantic relationship. It was so beautiful. The meant to be tag translated to reality. Rina was in charge of this season and at times, you could tell. Berlanti slightly stepped away. Andy/Amanda were hard on the eyes as was Madison’s pregnancy and her nightmare presence. Ephram/Amy romantic relationship and Andy/Harold friendship were my favorite highlights.

Season 2

Amy's depression storyline and EVCs brilliant portrayal was Emmy worthy. High quality season. However, I put it last only because of the severe lack of Ephram/Amy and it not being a secret I disliked the unhealthy Ephram/Madison relationship. Every aspect of it in fact. Ephram was obsessed. It was not a good look. The pregnancy resulted as well which was a huge negative too as it took up such a large chunk of the series. Loved seeing Marcia Cross as Linda. Without Madison and Ephram/Madison this could have been the very best season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is always a good question, Michelle!

I have to agree with your ranking...that would be my ranking as well.

Season 1
: I loved this season because it introduced me to these beloved characters that I immediately cared about and would root for. I was instantly drawn to the Brown Family and cared so much that they would heal from their tragedy and find happiness and peace with each other. I was drawn to the chemistry between Amy and Ephram and saw their potential as the "it" couple from the very first episode. Season one took many detours for this couple...lots of angst...lots of tragedy....and lots of potential. I was hooked!

Season 4: I guess you're right, Michelle. The two seasons that Berlanti was involved in are my favorites. More angst this season....lots of growth....Ephram and Andy finally gained the respect for each other that I longed to see. Ephram found his calling and became really comfortable and confident in his own skin. I enjoyed watching Amy and Ephram finally be on the same page and the culmination was beautiful.

Season 3: I loved that Amy and Ephram finally were a romantic couple...beautifully done.I loved the budding romance between Andy and Harold! I hated the pregnancy story and everything that went down in NYC and the audition. I hated what happened to Ephram and Andy's relationship and also the way Ephram treated Amy who loved him and just wanted to help. But...the scattered great episodes made this a good season.

Season 2
: This season was a mixed bag for me. I hated the depression storyline. I at first didn't mind Madison, but in hind sight this was a disastrous storyline. I didn't mind Linda and found her fate very sad. I liked the introduction of Will and was glad Ephram resumed playing the piano. I loved watching Bright gain respect for Ephram and them becoming friends. I loved the last few episodes when Amy realized her feelings for Ephram.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
^ Such great thoughts.

It is very true about seasons 1 & 4 being fan favorites (overwhelmingly they are the most popular) and the clear reason for this has to be Berlanti’s touch.

Season 2, I hated Madison from day one as you know, but loved the depression storyline. EVC was magical. It was definitely difficult to watch. That said, when I think about all the suffering Amy went through as a young teen in season 1 due to Colin, living in that fantasy world, I loved the realism of Amy crashing in season 2. It just made so much sense.

What I find refreshing about the series is in every season you can find some great stuff. How often can viewers talk about a series they like and still not have one season they complain about? There’s usually always one season (maybe more) that you want to throw away in the garbage.

Not with Everwood.

Everwood at its “weakest” is still better than the rest.