View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 07:51 PM
SouthernSweetieTX
Master Fan

Y’all have been chatty today!

COBRA is the insurance policy you had while employed. You will pay your portion of the policy plus the portion your employer was paying. You can have it for 18 months. It accomplishes a few things. It keeps you insured, so when you do get a new job, you aren’t subject to preexisting conditions.
It maintains the care you currently have.
You can’t be denied COBRA.
It is expensive, as you are now responsible for 100% of the policy.
If you are even 1 day late in your payment they will drop you without consideration.

Depending on your healthcare needs and beliefs, there are several sharing programs out there. Instead of paying your premium to the company, you pay it to someone who has a financial need. If your premium is 300 a month, the company lets you know who to send the 300 to so that it covers their son’s broken arm. Next month you would send it to someone to cover the birth of their baby. Then they would send you their premium to cover your gallbladder surgery. Does that make sense? They are usually faith based and there are procedures and RX they do not cover.

If your healthcare needs are more holistic based, there’s a company that covers treatments not covered by traditional insurance companies. Chiropractic and acupuncture, for example would apply towards your deductible, where they usually don’t in traditional care.

I feel like we created this s***storm when we moved away from holistic care and pushed big pharma more and more. Most medications are ridiculously expensive and the have a laundry list of side effects. So you go back in for the side effects and leave with a few more RX which have their own side effects as well. It’s a vicious circle. Nor do I believe that modern, traditional, western medicine is making any effort to actually heal us.

My kids have government insurance based on the fact they receive SS benefits from their dad. We had one ER visit in the past 21 months. That’s all we’ve used it for. The providers they have access to through that program are an embarrassment. It’s very difficult to get an appointment if you need it and there are about 5 providers to choose from, it’s so limited. Three of the 5 available, don’t take new patients. It’s a soup sandwich. I am grateful my kids haven’t needed any major medical care. I’m not seeking western medicine answers, so it’s less frustrating for me than most. People relying on this system just hit their heads against a wall. If this system is what national healthcare would look like, I assure you, you do not want it. It would require a major overhaul. Personally, I feel like a national program is not the answer. I’d prefer to see traditional insurance companies required to provide a % of their billions each yr back to facilities and providers to provide care for those in need.

Tidying up is a fast binge, it’s 8 episodes. Watch her fold clothes!! Mind blown. I follow her philosophy for putting everything in boxes or baskets or containers. Most of my closets and cabinets are organized like that.

A, you have to get rid of the clothes that don’t spark joy. Keep the pieces that will build you a wardrobe of classics or base pieces and you can add to, dress up, etc. Her idea isn’t necessarily about eliminating, it’s about keeping what means the most to you. Also, she has a formula for working through the rooms, so it’s not overwhelming.