View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 06:46 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

24 Heartbreaking TV Moments from 2018

https://www.telltaletv.com/2018/12/2...s-from-2018/2/

11. Cole at Alison’s Grave (The Affair)

Quote:
“I was coming back for her,” Cole admits to his mother the night of Alison’s funeral, when he’s sitting at her headstone holding her ashes in The Affair Season 4 Episode 10, “410.”

Cole: I drove across the entire country to come and get her, but I was too late. I am always too late.

This admission is equally as heartbreaking as her death, however it happened. Alison’s affair with Noah may have been the catalyst of the entire series, but from very early on, it’s clear that she and Cole are meant to be together. Ruth Wilson and Joshua Jackson certainly had the natural chemistry to support that.

When that chemistry exists, the acting often backs it up when one character is just talking about the other. The Affair is past the Emmy buzz stages. But Jackson certainly gives a performance worthy of consideration as he’s sitting there, confessing to his mother that he’s not sure he’s strong enough to go on without her.

The scene ends with Cole curled up in his mother’s lap like a child. He’s searching for the strength to go on raising his own child, though her mother and brother have passed on.

icon credit: crash landing