View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 09:40 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Except, no. It will not be Leonard's child. It will be Zack's child. This is not some cute roundabout way the show's came up with for Leonard to get to be a dad. This is a way the show came up with for Zack to be a dad. Surrogates/donors are not the parents.
I get that. I actually don't want it for Leonard's sake. Even if somehow he has a input on the child's life. Maybe Penny and he would be the "favorite uncle/aunt", and if something happens to Zack and his wife, the child ends up with Leonard.

But regardless, given Leonard's own baggage with his childhood. I don't know how he would want to be a "father" of a kid that he doesn't get to see unless there is some sort of agreement. He hated his mother's parenting, and he has a lot of baggage because of it and I actually think he be would a great parent. Penny too. They haven't really shown us why Penny doesn't want kids. Is the pregnancy aspect or the kids aspect?

Given their parenting Sheldon in the early years.

Almost like they are taking Bernadette's early feelings and transferred it to suddenly to Penny.

I know not everyone wants kids, or has them... I just feel for Leonard.

So I wonder where this story will go...

I felt the storyline is a nod to the beginning of the show. In the pilot episode. Leonard almost sells sperm with Sheldon to gain money, but they chicken out or Sheldon does... So it's a nod to that so I can see Leonard would want to help a family.

But for his sake given he knows the potential parents, why would he want to do it. So I hope we get more a sense as the storyline rolls on.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote