View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:11 PM
worthyoflove
Elite Fan

It's just sobering to think about, I'm a single female who really has no one depending on me who makes a good living but has to pay independently for health care. It's not so much having to pay monthly for the coverage, it's the fact that in order for it to even kick in it basically has to be an illness that is probably going to otherwise bankrupt you. So it saves you from that, but in the mean time if it's something I have to worry about, someone who, I'll be honest, comes from privilege...families/single parents, those living pay check to pay check, how do they even manage? And the answer is, they don't. They either don't get the medical care they need or it ruins them financially.

I want to say my brother pays close to $600 a month to have the gold plan insurance because he has to have it in order to have his mental health treatment covered, which he needs. It's absurd. But then this is going to get me on a rant as to why we have a gun issue but an even larger mental health issue because who can afford that on a normal salary month to month.

Lornette, I might be way off base, but have you looked into COBRA? I have a friend that recently lost her job (while on workers comp for a fall she took on the job, whole 'nother story) and that's what she's dealing with right now. They said they would continue her insurance with her severance, which she needed because she was undergoing knee surgery and they cut her off sooner than expected.

Hopefully you can find a new job with comparable insurance!

I've heard of 'Friends from College' but put it on the back burner for whatever reason. I see Netflix is offering a new show with Gillian Anderson, Sex Eduction, which looks interesting too.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-11-2019 at 11:16 PM