View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Austenphile
Elite Fan

No. It is not loyalty to Ben. It is him. He pushes to get what he wants regardless of anyone else’s boundaries. He kept texting Grace pushing her after she asked for time. Even when she was taking her son to chemo. He showed up at her Josie because sjev”left him no choice” when she said she did not want to see him, after they broke up. He does not stay in Olive’s life for Olive’s well being. Just because he does not want to lose her. He does not think about her readjusting to bonding with her father and brother.

They could have made him the guy you are describing easily. He could have backed off and gave Grace time. Stepped away with an “I love you” and will always be here for you. Then when Olive called him for the shoplifting he would have backed off once Ben was there instead of calling Grace and let Ben and Grace take care of their child. Olive could have been the one to initiate rock climbing, after discussing her feelings for Danny with both her parents. . He could have not gone to their house and made those hurtful remarks to Ben where he basically acted like Ben chose to not be around. He could have stayed away until Grace initiated contact, to give their family a chance to heal. But instead he only acted in his own selfish interests with no thought to how hard it is on Grace and Olive. I don’t think he loves either of them.

ETA I am loyal to Michaela but I like Lourdes and Jared. My dislike for Danny is all about how he treats Grace, who he supposedly loves. And my final straw with Danny was when he told Grace he found her after losing his wife so he knows he will be ok without her. That is just hateful.

Last edited by Austenphile; 12-07-2018 at 03:54 PM