View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 03:29 PM
soapbubbles511
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manon (View Post)
She’s very enthousiastic about Dirty John herself, pretty active on social media these days
tbh I think it's more like Bravo is pushing hard on the promo for the show and this is part of her promo tour... but I appreciate the social media posts nonetheless

Eric Bana on ‘Dirty John’, Connie Britton, and Getting Into the Head of a Creep
Quote:
What was it like to have Connie Britton, as a partner in all of this?

BANA: It was fantastic! She’s really smart, and she’s got incredibly great instincts, as an actress. She’s just a wonderful person, so it was a really good partnership. I loved working with her. It gave me good peace of mind. We both felt fairly strongly, on many points, so it always felt like we were heading in the same direction, or trying to achieve the same goal, which was nice.
dirty-john-image-5

Did you also have conversations about how far you could go with her, especially when things get more intense, or did that all feel pretty instinctual?

BANA: It was very instinctual on set. We would break down scenes pretty aggressively if we felt like they were going too far in one direction or not far enough in another. Having Alex on the set, all the time, made it very easy for us to have those conversations or to try different things, and Jeff was great at being experimental and trying one idea out and then another, on the spot. We really went with our instincts, on the day, in terms of how things were working or not working. Having someone like Connie, who is instinctual and happy to go with others’ instincts and try things, was great
Debra Newell Of Dirty John Talks Interior Design
Quote:
But one thing Newell couldn’t be happier about is the actress portraying her. “I love Connie! I think that she is one of the most amazing people. She is just kind, warm, loving and talented.”
Debra Newell Talks Connie Britton’s ‘Spot On’ Portrayal in ‘Dirty John,’ Moving on After John Meehan
Sarah [youtube]