View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 06:38 PM
Always & Forever
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
wellhayley Hello @stylistlive I’ll be on the Grow stage at 2:40 hair and make up by @katrinrees dress by @rixolondon

Quote:
wellhayley Thanks @lisasmosarski ! As part of my @stylistlive talk today I picked four women (there are so many more and so many to talk about) who I’d recently discovered and want to know more about. Who comes to mind for you?

Pictures (in order): -Mae Carol Jemison became the first African American woman to travel in space. She holds nine honorary doctorates in science, engineering, letters, and the humanities
‘Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination’
-Emily Roebling saw out the completion of The Brooklyn Bridge after her husband fell ill. At the opening ceremony, Emily was honored in a speech by Abram Stevens Hewitt who said at the bridge was
‘...an everlasting monument to the sacrificing devotion of a woman and of her capacity for that higher education from which she has been too long disbarred.’
-Pauline Boty ‘was a founder of the British Pop art movement and the only female painter in the British wing of the movement. Boty's paintings and collages often demonstrated a joy in self-assured femininity and female sexuality. Her rebellious art, combined with her free-spirited lifestyle, has made Boty a herald of 1970s feminism’
-Bernadette Devlin McAliskey, Irish civil rights leader. She famously slapped the Home Secretary in the House of Commons when he said that the paratroopers on Bloody Sunday were acting in self defence. Fascinating women, at the forefront.

Quote:
bridgetregan This is how traveling alone with an eight month old feels BOWING DOWN TO ALL SINGLE PARENTS OUT THERE 👑 👑 👑

Quote:
jamesdarcyfans Whatta gorgeous hunk! From the Sean Gleason photoshoot at Groucho Club in Soho London on 01 Oct 2012. #jamesdarcy

Quote:
lotteverbeek I heart Holland

Quote:
lyndsyfonseca I donate for my daughters future. So she can go to school safely one day. I dream of a world in which I don’t wake up with news of more traumatic shootings and lives lost. I have hope. STOP. Don’t keep scrolling. Just donate. Even a little bit. Link in bio. #gunreformnow #enoughisenough

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street