View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:34 AM
meraki
Fan Forum Star

It is so hard to explain, but European Parliament has voted for Article 13 to go through next year. And that means no more gifsets, fanfics, youtube videos, quotes, memes, reaction videos and so much more. We won't be able to share our creation (fanwork) anymore and there are rumors that tumblr will just delete all of the Europe accounts to stay safe themself. Because if someone in Europe upload and post something that is from a tvshow or movie on tumblr. The one who has to pay for it is the owner of the site. So people on Youtube might lose their jobs, we can't no longer make anything from a tvshow, movie, artists etc in Photoshop to post on the internet and so much other stuff. And this will not only affect Europe, but also all over the world. This whole thing is a mess and we can lose the free and open internet.

That is why I'm talking about it and spreading this around because no Media is willing to write about it at all. So not many people knows about it. I also have a link to a petition to fight it in my signature. I'm trying to do everything I can to stop this.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream