View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 10:35 PM
Alexa
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't going to watch this because I didn't enjoy the Originals as much as I was expecting to and I wasn't the biggest Hope fan, but I decided to just check it out because I saw it was on.

I was pleasantly surprised with it! I thought the pilot was amazing. Better than the VPD pilot probably.

I thought the actress playing Hope did a much better job in this than she ever did on the Originals but maybe its because she's grown so much. It was so cool watching her and Alaric take care of the werewolf situation at the beginning. I like that duo a LOT and their "fighting" in the woods was really cute too. I think Hope needs a sort of father figure in her life, so that was nice to see that connection between them. Alaric was also very likable which was great because I wasn't fond of him in his final seasons of VPD. I do wonder where Caroline is? They didn't even mention her which is a bit odd. I wonder if they ever will.

I didn't really like any of the other characters that much. The new kid seemed okay, but the twins were really annoying to me, especially Lizzie. Throwing that temper tantrum is not cute. But maybe they will grow on me. Jo seemed okay and I like that she and her ex girlfriend are bisexual (or pansexual). I also like the other teacher even though we didnt see much of him. We definitely need to see more of the staff at the school I think.

And I was super impressed with Landon. I didnt care for him in the Originals but I really liked his character here. I had a feeling he was going to be supernatural. I don't think he is going to be evil though, but we might think he is for a while. I did really like his interaction with Hope though and their kiss was cute.

I also loved the cameo from Matt and hope we see some other VPD characters. I would die if they ever got Damon to come on the series and interact with Alaric again because their friendship was sort of shattered in the last seasons of TVD.