View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:09 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Lila. I'm feeling a bit better today, thanks.

Oh, I think that Cesare was indulging in all of those things because he hated being made a Cardinal. It just wasn't his calling, and he resented his father giving him the papal robes and Juan command of the army for no reason other than because Juan was the favored son and not because he was qualified for the job. Cesare was far stronger and more intelligent, but Rodrigo felt his talents would serve him better in the Vatican, not realizing that Cesare would make such an effective military leader. So yeah, I think his resentment of never feeling in control of his life may have pushed him to the dark side, believing that he had to take what he wanted instead of waiting for someone to give it to him.

Well, I didn't mean "romantic" in that way, Lila. I was trying to be delicate and not say "sexual" or "carnal" or something like that when describing Cesare and Caterina. They did have great chemistry, though, but it was more like two rivals who just happened to have sex, not romance. And I agree, Charlotte was a sex-buddy. He liked her strength and her spirit, and she was obviously good at sex, so that was a plus. But his love was reserved for Lucrezia.

Yep, Ces did need to be Lu's hero. But what type of hero was he? A knight in shining armor, or a demon wanting to possess her? Oh, I see what you mean about him carrying her to her bed. Yeah, I can see that. I also think he was quite conflicted, wanting to be her protector as well as the only one in her life. It's a fine line, I guess, and perhaps he didn't admit to himself what his true intentions were. And you're right, a lot of men ended up dead because of Cesare's desire to protect and possess her. And I think the bed scene at the end bookended their relationship from where it started back when he carried her to her bed after her wedding to Sforza.

Oh, I see. So the darkness was already in them, it just needed something to bring it out, huh? You still think they didn't have some light in them early on in season 1?